Well it's official, I am now calling myself a runner. I did it! I ran in 20 degree weather. I am no longer just a fair weather runner. The fact that I had paid close to $30 to enter the race provided the little extra motivation I needed. I could have bought 3 shirts with that money! I did receive one lovely long sleeve royal blue t-shirt, and a pocket full of running beans, yogurts and miniature power bars.
What better way to start Thanksgiving morning than alongside the turkey (not my sister) at a Turkey Trot. My sister and I bundled up and hit the road. It was actually kinda nice running in freezing conditions, everything is so numb you feel no pain. After our little race we headed back to the Qualman homestead for 43 lbs. of turkey! That is 3 turkeys in case you were wondering! Thanks for the leftovers by the way, mom!! We had a great time eating, (Trisha made some incredible apple pie and white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake), playing Wii, hanging out with our cousins and listening to all the action in the fire districts on dad's radios. My favorite was trying to watch dad carve a turkey with a radio in each hand, wish I could have got a picture of that one!
So there you have it, our Thanksgiving and Jen's very first blog entry! This is for you Scott, thanks for believing in the J-dub!
What better way to start Thanksgiving morning than alongside the turkey (not my sister) at a Turkey Trot. My sister and I bundled up and hit the road. It was actually kinda nice running in freezing conditions, everything is so numb you feel no pain. After our little race we headed back to the Qualman homestead for 43 lbs. of turkey! That is 3 turkeys in case you were wondering! Thanks for the leftovers by the way, mom!! We had a great time eating, (Trisha made some incredible apple pie and white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake), playing Wii, hanging out with our cousins and listening to all the action in the fire districts on dad's radios. My favorite was trying to watch dad carve a turkey with a radio in each hand, wish I could have got a picture of that one!
So there you have it, our Thanksgiving and Jen's very first blog entry! This is for you Scott, thanks for believing in the J-dub!
2 comments:
LOVE IT!!! You go girl!
Looks like fun. JD and I have been running a bit. We've started talking about doing 5k (yeah, we're wimps!)
Post a Comment